Minor Hockey Families,
is now closed and the Executive is working very hard to get the season started for
Saturday! We are currently in the
process of establishing our player groups or “bubbles” and placing
coaches. Although a tentative ice
schedule has been posted on the website to give people an approximate time to anticipate when their child will be on the ice, team names or groupings could
change. Convenors will contact families
with their player’s team by Thursday. The ice schedule will be updated at that
time as well.
Reminder that all families must complete the following survey to indicate you have watched the MHAL Return to Hockey Presentation
webinar and reviewed with your player.
Here is what players and families need to do before Saturday:
· Before a player goes on the ice, a parent must have completed the webinar: “Return to Hockey Presentation”. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OR2gWwIFvGa2hT-q2fujYL5TaJ3p-UuY/view
· Complete the Health Screening Check before their player's first ice time and every time thereafter. (More information to follow on Friday)
· If you are interested in being on the bench as a Coach or Trainer, please contact a Convenor. All teams will also need a Team Manager whose role this season will include confirming the Health Screening Check before each ice time. Please contact a Convenor if you are interested in being a Manager.
· Jerseys will NOT be handed out for Session 1. Please ensure your player has both a white and dark practice jersey.
Please keep the following points in mind:
· Session 1 is just for 8 weeks and groups that are established now will not be the groupings or teams used for the entire season.
· Session 1 is strictly development, intra-squad sessions played in Lambeth/Bostwick arenas with Lambeth rostered players only.
· We are fortunate to have the Lambeth Arena in the first group of arena openings. We are also fortunate that the Lambeth Arena was not selected as a Covid-19 testing Centre and closed for the entire season.
· Appreciate that our players can get on the ice and hope to move forward in Session 1 without any further restrictions put in place.
Thank you for your patience, flexibility and understanding as we start a remarkably different season.